Sustainable Procurement 2021 – 2024 | Dashboard
The province of Zeeland has chosen to use the sustainable development goals (SDGs) as a compass to make positive impact with its purchases.
Central to the plan is securing Sustainable Procurement, both within the organization and beyond.
The plan was therefore drawn up in collaboration with market parties, knowledge institutions, policy officers and buyers from the Province of Zeeland, RWS and Zeeland municipalities.
For each project, the ambition level is determined in advance for the SDG impact. The results are monitored via the dashboard below.
In order to focus, international students of the SDG Challenge identified SDG 9 to stimulate innovation as key impact (see video message).
Number of procurement
- no harmful substances
- improve air quality
- collaboration and citizen participation
1. 100% NL certificate
2. generate renewable locall
3. generation within project
1.scaling up succesful pilots
2. testing innovative products
3. develop new solutions
1. feasibility check
2. offer work experience / internships
3. start pilots and collaboration
1. energy efficiency and dynamic lighting
2. dialogue about quality of life improvement aspect
3. integrate local cycles, mobility hubs, art and culture
1. minimize waste
2. reuse, renewable, measure reusability
3. Biobased pilots, living labs, LCA entire chain
1. climate requirements MVI criteria tool
2. buffering water, planting native trees, CO2 footprint
3. emission-free material and construction site, climate adaptation living labs
1. sustainable maintenance MVI criteria tool
2. limited space and increase soil fertility
3. measure biodiversity and collaborate with NGOs and citizens